- Which Old Testament prophet walked around naked for three years?
- TRUE or FALSE. Israelites can eat lizards.
- According to the Book of Genesis, who had servants who named their wells Esek, Sitnah, Rehoboth and Beersheba?
- Who fell from a window because of falling asleep during Paul’s sermon, and was later raised from the dead by Paul himself?
- Which New Testament character, famous for his meal of locust and wild honey, was described as the ‘voice crying in the wilderness’?
- TRUE or FALSE. Three angels rescued Lot and his family from the doomed city of Sodom.
- Fill in the missing word: “All Scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for ________, for correction, for instruction in righteousness” (II Timothy 3:16).
Here are the answers:
- Isaiah (20:3: “3 And the Lord said, Like as my servant Isaiah hath walked naked and barefoot three years for a sign and wonder upon Egypt and upon Ethiopia;”)
- False. They cannot. (Leviticus 11:29: “These also shall be unclean unto you among the creeping things that creep upon the earth; the weasel, and the mouse, and the tortoise after his kind,…)
- Isaac (Genesis 26:17-18: “17 And Isaac departed thence, and pitched his tent in the valley of Gerar, and dwelt there. 18 And Isaac digged again the wells of water, which they had digged in the days of Abraham his father; for the Philistines had stopped them after the death of Abraham: and he called their names after the names by which his father had called them.)
- Eutychus (Acts 20:9-12: “9 And there sat in a window a certain young man named Eutychus, being fallen into a deep sleep: and as Paul was long preaching, he sunk down with sleep, and fell down from the third loft, and was taken up dead. 10 And Paul went down, and fell on him, and embracing him said, Trouble not yourselves; for his life is in him. 11 When he therefore was come up again, and had broken bread, and eaten, and talked a long while, even till break of day, so he departed.”)
- John the Baptist (Mark 1:3-4: “3 The voice of one crying in the wilderness, Prepare ye the way of the Lord, make his paths straight. 4 John did baptize in the wilderness, and preach the baptism of repentance for the remission of sins.”)
- False. Two angels… (Genesis 19:1-2: “And there came two angels to Sodom at even; and Lot sat in the gate of Sodom: and Lot seeing them rose up to meet them; and he bowed himself with his face toward the ground; 2 And he said, Behold now, my lords, turn in, I pray you, into your servant’s house, and tarry all night, and wash your feet, and ye shall rise up early, and go on your ways. And they said, Nay; but we will abide in the street all night.”)
Watch out for Part 4. We’re still on the Average Round. 🙂