- TRUE or FALSE. Elijah is the only man mentioned in the Bible as being naturally bald.
- Elijah was nurtured by an angel after his flight from Israel’s evil queen. Who was the queen?
- Which of the following Old Testament characters was NOT buried at the Cave of Macpelah? (A) Joseph; (B) Rebekah; (C) Abraham; (D) Jacob
- According to the Book of Ecclesiastes, what gives perfume a bad smell? (A) Stalled ox; (B) Dead flies; (C) Vile conceit; (D) Burning sulfur
- According to Jesus Christ, what building killed eighteen people when it collapsed? (A) The Tower of Siloam; (B) The Temple of Elkanah; (C) The Walls of Jericho; (D) The Palace of Antipas
- On what Greek island did Titus supervise the churches?
- Fill in the blank: “No man can serve two masters: for either he will hate the one, and love the other; or else he will hold to the one, and despise the other. Ye cannot serve God and ___________.” (Matthew 6:24)
Here are the answers.
- False. Elisha… (II Kings 2:19, 23: “19 And the men of the city said unto Elisha, Behold, I pray thee, the situation of this city is pleasant, as my lord seeth: but the water is naught, and the ground barren. 23 And he went up from thence unto Bethel: and as he was going up by the way, there came forth little children out of the city, and mocked him, and said unto him, Go up, thou bald head; go up, thou bald head.”)
- Jezebel (I Kings 19:1-2: And Ahab told Jezebel all that Elijah had done, and withal how he had slain all the prophets with the sword. 2 Then Jezebel sent a messenger unto Elijah, saying, So let the gods do to me, and more also, if I make not thy life as the life of one of them by tomorrow about this time.)
- A. Joseph (He was buried in a coffin at Shechem.)
- B. Dead flies (Ecclesiastes 10:1: “Dead flies cause the ointment of the apothecary to send forth a stinking savour: so doth a little folly him that is in reputation for wisdom and honour.”)
- A. The Tower of Siloam (Luke 13:4: “Or those eighteen, upon whom the tower in Siloam fell, and slew them, think ye that they were sinners above all men that dwelt in Jerusalem?”)
- C. Crete (Titus 1:5: “For this cause left I thee in Crete, that thou shouldest set in order the things that are wanting, and ordain elders in every city, as I had appointed thee:”)
Watch out for Part 6. Brace yourselves because we’re now proceeding to the Difficult Round. 🙂