- Newly converted to Christianity, Paul had made the Jewish leaders angry in a certain city and this made them decide to murder the Christian apostle. In order to escape from that city, Paul’s friend let him down in a basket through the city wall. What city was it? (A) Ephesus; (B) Damascus; (C) Miletus; (D) Emmaus
- Name the Old Testament character who was known for erecting a large pillar of stone and called it ‘Ebenezer’.
- TRUE or FALSE. The prophet Ezekiel was once forbidden to mourn for the death of his beautiful wife.
- As recorded in the Book of Acts, in what Italian city was Paul met by Christians from Rome? (A) Pompeii Cantorum; (B) Napoli Dictum; (C) Ducii Cetum; (D) Appii Forum
- Enumerate the four rivers which flow within the Garden of Eden.
- What was the original and more common name of the Old Testament prophet Belteshazzar?
- What Old Testament book portrays God as having wings and feathers?
Here are the answers. 🙂
- B. Damascus (Acts 9:19, 24: “19 And when he had received meat, he was strengthened. Then was Saul certain days with the disciples which were at Damascus. 24 But their laying await was known of Saul. And they watched the gates day and night to kill him.)
- Samuel (I Samuel 7:12: Then Samuel took a stone, and set it between Mizpeh and Shen, and called the name of it Ebenezer, saying, Hitherto hath the Lord helped us.”)
- True. (Ezekiel 24:16-18: “16 Son of man, behold, I take away from thee the desire of thine eyes with a stroke: yet neither shalt thou mourn nor weep, neither shall thy tears run down. 17 Forbear to cry, make no mourning for the dead, bind the tire of thine head upon thee, and put on thy shoes upon thy feet, and cover not thy lips, and eat not the bread of men. 18 So I spake unto the people in the morning: and at even my wife died; and I did in the morning as I was commanded.”)
- D. Appii Forum (Acts 28:15: “And from thence, when the brethren heard of us, they came to meet us as far as Appii forum, and The three taverns: whom when Paul saw, he thanked God, and took courage.”)
- Gihon, Pison, Hiddekel, Euphrates (Genesis 2:11-14: “11 The name of the first is Pison: that is it which compasseth the whole land of Havilah, where there is gold; 12 And the gold of that land is good: there is bdellium and the onyx stone. 13 And the name of the second river is Gihon: the same is it that compasseth the whole land of Ethiopia. 14 And the name of the third river is Hiddekel: that is it which goeth toward the east of Assyria. And the fourth river is Euphrates.”)
- Daniel (1:6-7: “6 Now among these were of the children of Judah, Daniel, Hananiah, Mishael, and Azariah: 7 Unto whom the prince of the eunuchs gave names: for he gave unto Daniel the name of Belteshazzar; and to Hananiah, of Shadrach; and to Mishael, of Meshach; and to Azariah, of Abednego.”)
- Psalm/s (91:4)
Watch out for the final part of this quiz. 🙂