- Fill in the blank: “God, who at sundry times and in divers manners spake in time past unto the fathers by the prophets…” (_________1:1)
- The Gospel of Luke narrates that Jesus has miraculously escaped from the crowd that was going to push Him off a cliff. Where did that incident happen?
- Name this well-known Bible character who said the following as his last words: “Lord Jesus, receive my spirit. Lord, lay not this sin to their charge.”
- There are only two books in the Bible which bear a woman’s name. Namely, these are Ruth and Esther. More so, there are only two books in the Bible which were named after priests. The first one is Ezra. Name the other one.
- Only one person in the Bible was mentioned as having worn gloves. Who is he/Who is she?
- TRUE or FALSE. When Jacob’s sons made a second trip to Egypt, they brought an ox as a gift for Joseph.
- Name the Israelite who, as worker in gold, silver, brass, stone and wood, had been given the responsibility to furnish the tabernacle.
Here are the answers:
- Nazareth (Luke 4:16, 28-29: “16 And he came to Nazareth, where he had been brought up: and, as his custom was, he went into the synagogue on the sabbath day, and stood up for to read. 28 And all they in the synagogue, when they heard these things, were filled with wrath, 29 And rose up, and thrust him out of the city, and led him unto the brow of the hill whereon their city was built, that they might cast him down headlong.
- Stephen (Acts 7:59-60: “59 And they stoned Stephen, calling upon God, and saying, Lord Jesus, receive my spirit. 60 And he kneeled down, and cried with a loud voice, Lord, lay not this sin to their charge. And when he had said this, he fell asleep.”)
- Ezekiel (1:3: “he word of the Lord came expressly unto Ezekiel the priest, the son of Buzi, in the land of the Chaldeans by the river Chebar; and the hand of the Lord was there upon him.”)
- Jacob (Genesis 27:16: “And she put the skins of the kids of the goats upon his hands, and upon the smooth of his neck:…”)
- FALSE. (Genesis 43:11: And their father Israel said unto them, If it must be so now, do this; take of the best fruits in the land in your vessels, and carry down the man a present, a little balm, and a little honey, spices, and myrrh, nuts, and almonds:…)
- Bezaleel (Exodus 31:2: 2 See, I have called by name Bezaleel the son of Uri, the son of Hur, of the tribe of Judah:…”)